RESEARCH FIELDNatural sciences
CAREER STAGERecognised Researcher (R2) (PhD holders or equivalent who are not yet fully independent)
One Post-Doctoral Position
within the project
ARCHERS: Advancing Young Researchers’ Human Capital in Cutting Edge Technologies in the Preservation of Cultural Heritage and the Tackling of Societal Challenges
Exclusively funded by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
The Institute of Chemical Engineering Sciences (ICE/HT) of the Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas (FORTH), in the framework of the project ARCHERS, aimed at reducing or even reversing the brain drain, which is funded by an exclusive donation of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, is seeking to recruit one post-doctoral researcher.
Title of research assignment: Fermentative hydrogen production and methane generation from different kinds of biomass and wastes
The research work concerns the following: (a) Lab-scale experiments for hydrogen production via fermentation from different wastes/wastewaters/biomasses (b) Lab-scale experiments for anaerobic digestion of the effluents of the hydrogen producing reactor (c) Lab-scale experiments for anaerobic digestion of different wastes/wastewaters/biomasses (d)Application of pretreatment technologies for enhanced hydrogen and methane production (e) Physico-Chemical and biochemical characterization of wastes/ wastewaters/biomasses (f) Simulation and modeling of fermentative hydrogen production and anaerobic digestion
- PhD in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Good knowledge of Greek and English language
Criteria for Selection
- PhD in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with emphasis on fermentative biofuels production (30%)
- Experience in pretreatment technologies for enhanced biofuels production (30%)
- Experience in anaerobic bioprocesses such as anaerobic digestion and fermentative hydrogen production (20%)
- Knowledge in software tools for simulation of microbial processes (Aquasim, GAMS) (10%)
- Previous Post-Doctoral experience in relevant thematic areas(10%)
Location: ICE/HT-FORTH, Patras, GREECE
Expected start date: 1st of June, 2017
Duration of appointment: 12 months (with possibility of extension according to the needs of the project).
Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications, no later than April 25th, 2017, 23:59 local time (Greece) to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to be considered, the application must include:
- Filled-out Application Form (attached)
- Detailed curriculum vitae (CV) of the candidate
- Copies of academic titles/transcripts
- At least one reference letter (optionally, the reference letter could be enclosed in an envelope that must reach Ms. Kleanthi Zacharopoulou at the address: FORTH/ICE-HT, Stadiou street, Platani, Patras 26504 by the closing date for applications; the closed envelope will be handed to the evaluation committee)
Any application received after the deadline will not be considered for the selection
For information and questions regarding the application and selection procedure, candidates are asked to contact Ms. Kleanthi Zacharopoulou (email@example.com, Tel. +30 2610 965 278).
The result of the selection will be announced on the website of ICE/HT-FORTH.