RESEARCH FIELDNatural sciencesProfessions and applied sciences
CAREER STAGERecognised Researcher (R2) (PhD holders or equivalent who are not yet fully independent)
One Post-Doctoral Position
within the project
ARCHERS: Advancing Young Researchers’ Human Capital in Cutting Edge Technologies in the Preservation of Cultural Heritage and the Tackling of Societal Challenges
Exclusively funded by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
The Institute of Chemical Engineering Sciences (ICE/HT) of the Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas (FORTH), in the framework of the project ARCHERS, aimed at reducing or even reversing the brain drain, which is funded by an exclusive donation of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, is seeking to recruit one post-doctoral researcher.
Title of research assignment: Drug Delivery/Targeting Systems- Nanomedicines
The research work concerns the following: (a) Lab-scale study for the development of lipid or polymeric or hybrid nanoparticles (or liposomes) with high targeting affinity for specific receptors/targets (such as cancer cell or brain endothelial cell targeting); The previous NPs may also be engineered from cells or exosomes; (b) Physicochemical characterization of NPs for their size-distribution, surface properties and integrity/stability, morphology; also during incubation in physiological media, using advanced analytical methods (e.g. DLS, AFM, XPS, DSC, SEM, TEM, XRD, FTIR-ATR, HPLC, GC-MS, GC-FID, UV-Vis and spectroscopic techniques. (c) Evaluation of the targeting capability of the NPs in in vitro models, and development of appropriate models
- PhD in Pharmacy, Chemical Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, or other project-related discipline, such as Pharmaceutics or Nanobiotechnology, etc.
- Good knowledge of Greek and English language
Criteria for Selection
- PhD in project related discipline (20%)
- Experience in nanoparticle/liposome development for drug delivery (15%)
- Experience in cell culture methodologies, flow cytometry, and cellular studies for evaluation (prediction) of NP/liposome toxicity and targeting potential and/or therapeutic efficacy (20%)
- Experience in microscopy techniques and sample preparation methods (such as fixation, cryotome use) (optical, electronic, confocal, etc.) (15%)
- Ability to perform independent research (10%)
- Previous Post-Doctoral experience, relative to project (10%)
- Experience in chromatographic and spectroscopic techniques (10%)
Location: ICE/HT-FORTH, Patras, GREECE
Expected start date: 1st of June, 2017
Duration of appointment: 12 months (with possibility of extension according to the needs of the project).
Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications, no later than April 25, 2017, 23:59 local time (Greece) to the address email@example.com.
In order to be considered, the application must include:
- Filled-out Application Form (attached)
- Detailed curriculum vitae (CV) of the candidate
- Copies of academic titles/transcripts
- At least one reference letter (optionally, the reference letter could be enclosed in an envelope that must reach Ms. Kleanthi Zacharopoulou at the address: FORTH/ICE-HT, Stadiou street, Platani, Patras 26504 by the closing date for applications; the closed envelope will be handed to the evaluation committee)
Any application received after the deadline will not be considered for the selection
For information and questions regarding the application and selection procedure, candidates are asked to contact Ms. Kleanthi Zacharopoulou (firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. +30 2610 965 278).
The result of the selection will be announced on the website of ICE/HT-FORTH.