Recognition of Diplomas
Recognition of qualifications refers to a decision on the eligibility that foreign qualifications provide when applying for a job or study place. In Finland, recognition decisions are made by different bodies for different purposes.
The Finnish National Board of Education (FNBE)
- decides on the eligibility conferred by foreign qualifications for a post in Finland for which a higher education degree of a certain level is required. Level of a higher education degree
- decides on the eligibility conferred by foreign qualifications for posts in Finland that require certain studies. Professional rights on the basis of a foreign qualification
- issues advisory statements on foreign vocational qualifications. Finnish National Board of Education statements on foreign vocational qualifications
Higher education institutions and other educational institutions decide on the eligibility that foreign qualifications give for further studies in Finland. They also decide on the recognition of studies completed abroad towards a qualification to be completed in Finland. On request, the FNBE advises higher education institutions on matters that concern academic recognition.
The FNBE has tasks which relate to how studies and professional qualifications completed in Finland are recognised abroad. The FNBE
- issues advisory statements on Finnish qualifications for international use. Recognition of Finnish Qualifications Abroad
- issues certificates on the type and duration of professional activities in Finland. Certificates on professional activity and
- processes applications for a European Professional Card from real estate agents and mountain guides established in Finland. European Professional Card
Information provided by EURAXESS Finland